Enchanted Summer - Herbal Camp for Kids 11-14
Welcome to Enchanted Summer @ Cranberry Hill, located in the Echo Hill neighborhood on Cranberry Lane in Amherst, MA.
During our week-long camp sessions we will:
* Create Herbal Arts & Crafts.
* Be introduced to Herbal Medicine making, including infusions, decoctions, salves/balms, poultices, aromatherapy, and more.
* Learn to identify local trees and weeds through beginner foraging.
* Delve into Plant Lore and Magic.
* Cook & Bake with garden herbs and kitchen spices.
* Learn health benefits of the plants we eat.
* Forest Bathe by the stream following the Robert Frost Trail.
Session 1: July 11-15, 2022
Session 2: August 1-5, 2022
Monday-Friday, 9 am - 3 pm
Fee: $300 (per session)
The plants explored in Enchanted Summer are all child-friendly: garden herbs like lavender, lemon balm, mint, rosemary, sage, thyme, chives, and others; and kitchen spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, turmeric, cardamom, and more. Foraging is limited to easily identifiable and food-like plants such as dandelion, purple clover, violet, red raspberry, wild blueberry, white pine, and nettles. No child will be asked to ingest anything they do not want to, as there are plenty of other ways to explore and learn.
Disclaimer: I am not a licensed medical practitioner. I do not diagnose, treat, or prescribe for illness or disease.